St Albans landscapers will compete in live BBC competition
- Credit: Archant
A local landscaping company will feature live on television in a national BBC competition.
A to Z Landscaping Services will compete against four other companies in the APL Avenue Show Garden competition on BBC Gardeners’ World Live, held in Birmingham’s NEC.
The most inspirational but relatable garden created on the show will bag the top prize.
Designers at A to Z, Levante Papp and Alina Ciobotaru, hope to win with an Asian-inspired space aimed at professional couples. It features an outdoor kitchen, Japanese rockery and a glow-in-the-dark fish tank.
Levante said: “We’re working very hard on our garden to ensure we impress the show judges and general public with our design, build and creativity.
“Our ultimate aim is to present a garden that will be inspirational and aspirational – but most importantly, achievable to all.”
The Show Garden Assessment Panel includes RHS Chelsea Flower Show TV host Wesley Kerr, but there is also a public vote.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 9 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
Horticultural director of BBC Gardeners’ World Live, Bob Sweet, said: “We have no doubt that each of the five finalists will offer visitors of the show a great deal of take-home ideas, whilst showcasing what incredible designers and landscapers they are in their own right.”
The other contestants hail from Sussex, Northamptonshire, Lancashire and Worcestershire.
BBC Gardeners’ World Live is from June 14 to 17 at the NEC. Get tickets at www.bbcgardenersworldlive.com