St Albans landscapers will compete in live BBC competition
- Credit: Archant
A local landscaping company will feature live on television in a national BBC competition.
A to Z Landscaping Services will compete against four other companies in the APL Avenue Show Garden competition on BBC Gardeners’ World Live, held in Birmingham’s NEC.
The most inspirational but relatable garden created on the show will bag the top prize.
Designers at A to Z, Levante Papp and Alina Ciobotaru, hope to win with an Asian-inspired space aimed at professional couples. It features an outdoor kitchen, Japanese rockery and a glow-in-the-dark fish tank.
Levante said: “We’re working very hard on our garden to ensure we impress the show judges and general public with our design, build and creativity.
You may also want to watch:
“Our ultimate aim is to present a garden that will be inspirational and aspirational – but most importantly, achievable to all.”
The Show Garden Assessment Panel includes RHS Chelsea Flower Show TV host Wesley Kerr, but there is also a public vote.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 4 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 5 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 8 A New York state of mind
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
Horticultural director of BBC Gardeners’ World Live, Bob Sweet, said: “We have no doubt that each of the five finalists will offer visitors of the show a great deal of take-home ideas, whilst showcasing what incredible designers and landscapers they are in their own right.”
The other contestants hail from Sussex, Northamptonshire, Lancashire and Worcestershire.
BBC Gardeners’ World Live is from June 14 to 17 at the NEC. Get tickets at www.bbcgardenersworldlive.com