St Albans landscapers will compete in live BBC competition
- Credit: Archant
A local landscaping company will feature live on television in a national BBC competition.
A to Z Landscaping Services will compete against four other companies in the APL Avenue Show Garden competition on BBC Gardeners’ World Live, held in Birmingham’s NEC.
The most inspirational but relatable garden created on the show will bag the top prize.
Designers at A to Z, Levante Papp and Alina Ciobotaru, hope to win with an Asian-inspired space aimed at professional couples. It features an outdoor kitchen, Japanese rockery and a glow-in-the-dark fish tank.
Levante said: “We’re working very hard on our garden to ensure we impress the show judges and general public with our design, build and creativity.
You may also want to watch:
“Our ultimate aim is to present a garden that will be inspirational and aspirational – but most importantly, achievable to all.”
The Show Garden Assessment Panel includes RHS Chelsea Flower Show TV host Wesley Kerr, but there is also a public vote.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
Horticultural director of BBC Gardeners’ World Live, Bob Sweet, said: “We have no doubt that each of the five finalists will offer visitors of the show a great deal of take-home ideas, whilst showcasing what incredible designers and landscapers they are in their own right.”
The other contestants hail from Sussex, Northamptonshire, Lancashire and Worcestershire.
BBC Gardeners’ World Live is from June 14 to 17 at the NEC. Get tickets at www.bbcgardenersworldlive.com