St Albans jumble sale for animal charities
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A jumble sale in St Albans is raising money for animal charities.
St Albans Animal Rights (STAR) is hosting the event to top up other fundraising activities - they recently collected more than £400 at St Albans Market and more than £300 outside Sainsbury’s.
The group was started by a group of friends about 25 years ago, and since then they have staged demonstrations, gone to protests, and even had a float at the St Albans Carnival.
At one point there were around 30 active members of the group.
Treasurer and founding member, Siobhan Barrett, encouraged everyone to visit the sale: “People come from a very long distance, we have people coming from North London and all over the place.”
You may also want to watch:
STAR supports a variety of animal rights charities - from national house-hold names to local projects.
The jumble sale will be on May 20, at 11am. Entry is 40p in Sandridge Village hall.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 10 Celebrating post-war football's local legends