St Albans teenager dies at the University of Gloucestershire
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year old student from St Albans has died on the University of Gloucestershire campus.
Joshua Farraway died on Wednesday, October 4.
A university spokeswoman said: “It is with deep sadness that we confirm that a student has passed away.
“This is a very sad time for students and staff at the university.
“The welfare of our students is our immediate priority and our Student Services team are providing ongoing support.
You may also want to watch:
“Our thoughts are with the student’s family and friends at this very sad time.”
A police spokesperson confirmed an 18-year-old male student died at Gloucestershire University’s Pittville Campus in Cheltenham on Wednesday October 4. Police were called just before 8pm.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
The circumstances of the man’s death are not suspicious.
Several of Josh’s friends have posted tributes to him on social media.
Nesh Arkhal posted: “I do believe someone like you is in a better place.
“Josh Farraway was a kind considerate person.”
An inquest has been opened into his death, with the next hearing scheduled for the new year.