St Albans is a beacon of fun for Royal Jubilee
A DIAMOND Jubilee beacon will be lit on the roof of the St Albans Town Hall in St Albans as the city centre hosts a massive street party on Monday.
Organisers St Albans district council are providing a fun day out for the entire family from noon until 10pm with St Peter’s Street closed to traffic but shops remaining open for business as usual.
There is plenty of free entertainment in store including live music from the Swanvesta Social Club and a funfair until 9.30pm.
The lighting of the Jubilee beacon and short fireworks display takes place at about 10pm.
You can dine al fresco in the city centre from 12-3.30pm or buy food from the many stalls.
You may also want to watch:
The Diamond Decades gig, showcasing music from each decade of the Queen’s reign, will take place in front of the Town Hall from 4pm to 9.45pm, including performances from Ricky Lopez, Scam 69 and The Faith Stealers.
It is just one of many events being held over the Diamond Jubilee central weekend of June 2-5, with plenty of entertainment lined up in Harpenden, Radlett, Redbourn, Sandridge, London Colney, Highfield Park, Wheathampstead and Chiswell Green.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 3 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
For more details see the special Jubilee supplement in this week’s Herts Ad, or visit www.enjoystalbans.com