St Albans is a beacon of fun for Royal Jubilee
A DIAMOND Jubilee beacon will be lit on the roof of the St Albans Town Hall in St Albans as the city centre hosts a massive street party on Monday.
Organisers St Albans district council are providing a fun day out for the entire family from noon until 10pm with St Peter’s Street closed to traffic but shops remaining open for business as usual.
There is plenty of free entertainment in store including live music from the Swanvesta Social Club and a funfair until 9.30pm.
The lighting of the Jubilee beacon and short fireworks display takes place at about 10pm.
You can dine al fresco in the city centre from 12-3.30pm or buy food from the many stalls.
You may also want to watch:
The Diamond Decades gig, showcasing music from each decade of the Queen’s reign, will take place in front of the Town Hall from 4pm to 9.45pm, including performances from Ricky Lopez, Scam 69 and The Faith Stealers.
It is just one of many events being held over the Diamond Jubilee central weekend of June 2-5, with plenty of entertainment lined up in Harpenden, Radlett, Redbourn, Sandridge, London Colney, Highfield Park, Wheathampstead and Chiswell Green.
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 4 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 7 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 8 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 9 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 10 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
For more details see the special Jubilee supplement in this week’s Herts Ad, or visit www.enjoystalbans.com