St Albans is a beacon of fun for Royal Jubilee
A DIAMOND Jubilee beacon will be lit on the roof of the St Albans Town Hall in St Albans as the city centre hosts a massive street party on Monday.
Organisers St Albans district council are providing a fun day out for the entire family from noon until 10pm with St Peter’s Street closed to traffic but shops remaining open for business as usual.
There is plenty of free entertainment in store including live music from the Swanvesta Social Club and a funfair until 9.30pm.
The lighting of the Jubilee beacon and short fireworks display takes place at about 10pm.
You can dine al fresco in the city centre from 12-3.30pm or buy food from the many stalls.
The Diamond Decades gig, showcasing music from each decade of the Queen’s reign, will take place in front of the Town Hall from 4pm to 9.45pm, including performances from Ricky Lopez, Scam 69 and The Faith Stealers.
It is just one of many events being held over the Diamond Jubilee central weekend of June 2-5, with plenty of entertainment lined up in Harpenden, Radlett, Redbourn, Sandridge, London Colney, Highfield Park, Wheathampstead and Chiswell Green.
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 3 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 8 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
For more details see the special Jubilee supplement in this week’s Herts Ad, or visit www.enjoystalbans.com