St Albans is a beacon of fun for Royal Jubilee
A DIAMOND Jubilee beacon will be lit on the roof of the St Albans Town Hall in St Albans as the city centre hosts a massive street party on Monday.
Organisers St Albans district council are providing a fun day out for the entire family from noon until 10pm with St Peter’s Street closed to traffic but shops remaining open for business as usual.
There is plenty of free entertainment in store including live music from the Swanvesta Social Club and a funfair until 9.30pm.
The lighting of the Jubilee beacon and short fireworks display takes place at about 10pm.
You can dine al fresco in the city centre from 12-3.30pm or buy food from the many stalls.
You may also want to watch:
The Diamond Decades gig, showcasing music from each decade of the Queen’s reign, will take place in front of the Town Hall from 4pm to 9.45pm, including performances from Ricky Lopez, Scam 69 and The Faith Stealers.
It is just one of many events being held over the Diamond Jubilee central weekend of June 2-5, with plenty of entertainment lined up in Harpenden, Radlett, Redbourn, Sandridge, London Colney, Highfield Park, Wheathampstead and Chiswell Green.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
For more details see the special Jubilee supplement in this week’s Herts Ad, or visit www.enjoystalbans.com