Reanimated dead to walk the streets of St Albans in fundraising ghost walk event
- Credit: Archant
Reanimated dead will be haunting the streets of St Albans during a fundraising ghost walk.
Or that's what organisers of the Meet The Ghosts Of St Albans event would like punters to believe, with hired actors to bring the historical stories to life around the city this October.
It is all in aid of St Albans Action For The Homeless - a community who are currently fundraising for a winter project to provide accommodation in severe weather and essentials for the cold season.
Founders Catherine Higgs and Lauren Gow set up the ghost walk specifically for the one-off charity event - but they have since been "inundated" with requests.
Tickets for the interactive ghost event raised £300 by selling out in seven hours.
You may also want to watch:
Catherine, who is also a spiritual medium, said: "We were thinking, how can we get people involved in St Albans history in a fun way? And I thought it would be really cool if we could bring it all to life."
She thanked makeup artists @allabout_thatface, The Boot pub,and photographer Karim Miah.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
The next event is planned for November 30, with ten per cent of all proceeds from that walk for the homeless.