Reanimated dead to walk the streets of St Albans in fundraising ghost walk event
- Credit: Archant
Reanimated dead will be haunting the streets of St Albans during a fundraising ghost walk.
Or that's what organisers of the Meet The Ghosts Of St Albans event would like punters to believe, with hired actors to bring the historical stories to life around the city this October.
It is all in aid of St Albans Action For The Homeless - a community who are currently fundraising for a winter project to provide accommodation in severe weather and essentials for the cold season.
Founders Catherine Higgs and Lauren Gow set up the ghost walk specifically for the one-off charity event - but they have since been "inundated" with requests.
Tickets for the interactive ghost event raised £300 by selling out in seven hours.
You may also want to watch:
Catherine, who is also a spiritual medium, said: "We were thinking, how can we get people involved in St Albans history in a fun way? And I thought it would be really cool if we could bring it all to life."
She thanked makeup artists @allabout_thatface, The Boot pub,and photographer Karim Miah.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 9 Seven-up for Devine as Colney Heath reach final of spring cup
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
The next event is planned for November 30, with ten per cent of all proceeds from that walk for the homeless.