Reanimated dead to walk the streets of St Albans in fundraising ghost walk event
- Credit: Archant
Reanimated dead will be haunting the streets of St Albans during a fundraising ghost walk.
Or that's what organisers of the Meet The Ghosts Of St Albans event would like punters to believe, with hired actors to bring the historical stories to life around the city this October.
It is all in aid of St Albans Action For The Homeless - a community who are currently fundraising for a winter project to provide accommodation in severe weather and essentials for the cold season.
Founders Catherine Higgs and Lauren Gow set up the ghost walk specifically for the one-off charity event - but they have since been "inundated" with requests.
Tickets for the interactive ghost event raised £300 by selling out in seven hours.
You may also want to watch:
Catherine, who is also a spiritual medium, said: "We were thinking, how can we get people involved in St Albans history in a fun way? And I thought it would be really cool if we could bring it all to life."
She thanked makeup artists @allabout_thatface, The Boot pub,and photographer Karim Miah.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 3 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 A New York state of mind
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
The next event is planned for November 30, with ten per cent of all proceeds from that walk for the homeless.