Warning after spate of indecent exposure incidents in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A spate of indecent exposure incidents have been reported around the city.
Police have been informed of 13 incidents of people revealing or touching themselves inappropriately - often to women and children - around St Albans since the beginning of May.
Locations include Station Way, the Alban Way, Highfield Park, Bernards Heath, and Verulamium Park.
A Neighbourhood Watch OWL email sent by PCSO Louise Traxon urged residents to speak up if they see anything.
A Herts police spokesperson said: "While some of these incidents are likely to be related, thankfully none of them have led to assaults.
You may also want to watch:
"Despite this, we want the public to remain vigilant and call 999 while the event is happening, rather than report it after."
The incidents include:
- 1 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 5 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 6 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 7 District's COVID cases fall below England's average for first time in a month
- 8 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 9 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- At 3.30pm on May 7, a man was caught touching himself inappropriately in a wooded area of Verulamium Park on King Harry Lane. 41/41043/19.
- Between 5.30pm and 6.06pm on May 7, a man exposed himself to a woman on a pathway between King Harry Lane and Verulamium Park. 41/41003/19.
- Between 5.35pm and 5.50pm on May 7, a mother and her daughter caught a man touching himself inappropriately in Verulamium Park. 41/41043/19.
- Between 7.25pm and 7.30pm on May 8, a man exposed himself to a woman on Harpenden Road. 41/41318/19. This case has now been filed and no further action will take place.
- At 12.55pm on June 2, a man allegedly exposed himself to a young girl at Wilko in The Maltings. A 51-year-old man was arrested, but he has been released under investigation.
- Between 1.30am and 2am on June 5, a man exposed himself to a woman on Station Way, St Albans. 41/52152/19.
- At 4.55pm on June 6, a man was caught touching himself inappropriately in some trees off a footpath between Holywell Hill and Cottonmill Lane. 41/521186/19.
- At 8.15am on June 19, a man was caught touching himself inappropriately in St Peter's Church. 41/52152/19.
- At 7.45am on July 5, someone exposed themselves to a woman in Highfield Park. 41/61701/19.
- At 6.30pm on July 8, a runner ran past a man who was touching himself inappropriately near some bushes in Bernards Heath. 41/61909/19.
- Around 2.20pm on July 8, a cyclist exposed himself to a woman and her friend in Healey Sutton, on the Alban Way. The offender then cycled off in the direction of Hill End Lane. 41/62372/19.