St Albans company named second best company to work for in UK
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans housebuilding company has been awarded second place in a list of the 100 best companies to work for in the UK.
Churchill Retirement Living, which is based in Hatfield Road, achieved its highest-ever position in the Sunday Times ranking, and also received a ‘wellbeing’ award for its approach to looking after employees.
The winners were announced at a gala dinner on Thursday, February 21, which was attended by 30 Churchill colleagues.
CEO Spencer McCarthy said: “To be named the second best company in the country to work for is a fantastic accolade and something every single member of the team can be proud of.
“I’ve always believed in the importance of looking after my team and treating them well, so it was great to have that recognised with a special award for wellbeing.”
You may also want to watch:
The top 100 ranking is chosen by an anonymous country-wide survey.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 5 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions