St Albans company named second best company to work for in UK
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans housebuilding company has been awarded second place in a list of the 100 best companies to work for in the UK.
Churchill Retirement Living, which is based in Hatfield Road, achieved its highest-ever position in the Sunday Times ranking, and also received a ‘wellbeing’ award for its approach to looking after employees.
The winners were announced at a gala dinner on Thursday, February 21, which was attended by 30 Churchill colleagues.
CEO Spencer McCarthy said: “To be named the second best company in the country to work for is a fantastic accolade and something every single member of the team can be proud of.
“I’ve always believed in the importance of looking after my team and treating them well, so it was great to have that recognised with a special award for wellbeing.”
You may also want to watch:
The top 100 ranking is chosen by an anonymous country-wide survey.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 A New York state of mind