St Albans hotel owner nominated for entrepreneur of the year
- Credit: Archant
A businessman who owns a hotel in St Albans has been nominated as a finalist for entrepreneur of the year.
Vivek Chadha, who is head of the hotel development company Nine Group which owns the Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel in Watford Road, has been nominated in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 awards for the London and South region.
The company has 18 hotels in total and employs more than 800 people, and has a portfolio with a mixture of residential and commercial properties.
Having achieved success in the UK, Vivek, who lives in Watford, is now looking to acquire hotels in continental Europe.
He said: “It’s an honour to have been nominated as Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 for the London and South region.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a privilege to represent Watford, Hertfordshire, and Greater London where several of the hotels from Nine Group portfolio are located. I look forward to representing the Nine Group alongside my fellow nominees at the awards.”
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park