St Albans hotel owner nominated for entrepreneur of the year
- Credit: Archant
A businessman who owns a hotel in St Albans has been nominated as a finalist for entrepreneur of the year.
Vivek Chadha, who is head of the hotel development company Nine Group which owns the Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel in Watford Road, has been nominated in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 awards for the London and South region.
The company has 18 hotels in total and employs more than 800 people, and has a portfolio with a mixture of residential and commercial properties.
Having achieved success in the UK, Vivek, who lives in Watford, is now looking to acquire hotels in continental Europe.
He said: “It’s an honour to have been nominated as Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 for the London and South region.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a privilege to represent Watford, Hertfordshire, and Greater London where several of the hotels from Nine Group portfolio are located. I look forward to representing the Nine Group alongside my fellow nominees at the awards.”
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 3 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 4 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 5 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 6 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
- 8 Do you remember long-lost St Julian's Farm?
- 9 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 10 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS