St Albans hotel owner nominated for entrepreneur of the year
- Credit: Archant
A businessman who owns a hotel in St Albans has been nominated as a finalist for entrepreneur of the year.
Vivek Chadha, who is head of the hotel development company Nine Group which owns the Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel in Watford Road, has been nominated in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 awards for the London and South region.
The company has 18 hotels in total and employs more than 800 people, and has a portfolio with a mixture of residential and commercial properties.
Having achieved success in the UK, Vivek, who lives in Watford, is now looking to acquire hotels in continental Europe.
He said: “It’s an honour to have been nominated as Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 for the London and South region.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a privilege to represent Watford, Hertfordshire, and Greater London where several of the hotels from Nine Group portfolio are located. I look forward to representing the Nine Group alongside my fellow nominees at the awards.”
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre