Chief executive thanks supporters for donations to Grove House in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The chief executive of Rennie Grove Hospice Care has thanked St Albans residents for donating to help renovate services at Grove House.
The Grove House Appeal is looking to raise £1 million to improve the hospice building, which is next door to St Albans City Hospital, enabling them to offer more services to patients.
CEO Stewart Marks said: "We are delighted that donations are already starting to come in, and all here at Rennie Grove would like to thank those who have supported the appeal so far.
"This is an amazing start, but we still have a long way to go and need the community's support to help us reach our target.
"The Brick by Brick campaign will launch shortly, giving local people the opportunity to buy a virtual brick to support the Grove House Appeal, and also lots of fun ways to come together and fundraise."
You may also want to watch:
To donate go to renniegrove.org/GHappeal
You can also send a cheque to Rennie Grove, Grove House, Waverley Road, St Albans, AL3 5QX, made payable to Rennie Grove and marked on the envelope as 'Grove House Appeal'.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
In addition, you can also call 01727 731000 to make a card donation.