St Albans home has recycling bin set on fire
- Credit: Archant
The hunt is on for whoever ‘mindlessly’ set fire to a recycling bin at a St Albans home.
Police are appealing for witnesses of the arson, which spread to three other recycling bins and caused £60 worth of damage.
The incident happened between 7.40pm and 7.50pm on New Year’s Eve to a bin situated outside the home in Russet Drive.
PC Ben McGregor, who is investigating, said: “This mindless and dangerous act occurred while the occupants were at home.
“Thankfully the fire was discovered and stopped before it could spread further.
You may also want to watch:
“I am appealing for anyone with information about what happened to contact me as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC McGregor on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield