St Albans home broken into in broad daylight
- Credit: Archant
A city centre home was broken into in broad daylight while its owners were out, with items of jewellery stolen.
The incident took place between 12.15pm and 4.30pm last Friday (April 10) when the thieves forced open a back door of the house in Cell Barnes Lane.
Detective Constable Paul Cullinan said: “This burglary occurred during the day and so it is possible there may have been people in the area at the time of the incident.
“If you saw anyone or anything suspicious around this time, please contact me as you may have vital information that could assist my investigation.”
In a separate incident, offenders attempted to break in to a property in Camp Road on Monday (April 13) at 6.15pm by forcing open a window to the back of the house.
However when police officers searched the property and the surrounding area, nothing appeared to have been taken.
Anyone with information is asked to call Herts Police on non-emergency number 101 or alternatively Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 5 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 6 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone