St Albans home broken into in broad daylight
- Credit: Archant
A city centre home was broken into in broad daylight while its owners were out, with items of jewellery stolen.
The incident took place between 12.15pm and 4.30pm last Friday (April 10) when the thieves forced open a back door of the house in Cell Barnes Lane.
Detective Constable Paul Cullinan said: “This burglary occurred during the day and so it is possible there may have been people in the area at the time of the incident.
“If you saw anyone or anything suspicious around this time, please contact me as you may have vital information that could assist my investigation.”
In a separate incident, offenders attempted to break in to a property in Camp Road on Monday (April 13) at 6.15pm by forcing open a window to the back of the house.
You may also want to watch:
However when police officers searched the property and the surrounding area, nothing appeared to have been taken.
Anyone with information is asked to call Herts Police on non-emergency number 101 or alternatively Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Shortages crisis hits district
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book