St Albans Hilton Hotel scheme not to be called in by Secretary of State
A BID to build a new Hilton Hotel on the outskirts of St Albans has been given another green light after the Secretary of State refused to call the scheme in.
After St Albans district council recently approved an application to construct a 150-bed Hilton Hotel and conference centre at Copsewood, Chiswell Green, the Herts branch of the Campaign to Protect Rural England asked for the “disastrous” decision to be called-in.
It was the third time that St Albans based 51 Pegasus had applied for planning permission for the scheme.
Director Nicola Bond said she was “delighted to get the go-ahead”.
She added: “The Secretary of State’s decision not to call-in the proposal vindicates the council’s planning approval.
You may also want to watch:
“This project represents significant investment in the local economy and support for the city council’s drive to increase tourism and visitor spend in our local shops and restaurants.
“This four-star hotel and conference centre will be a fabulous asset to the city, for the use and enjoyment of local residents and businesses. We are now looking forward to working with the council to deliver it.”
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 3 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 4 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 5 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 8 Love is in the air - check out these Valentine's treats
- 9 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 10 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
There is no set date for the start of construction as yet, as 51 Pegasus has to obtain further approval for the scheme.