St Albans district and Radlett MPs react ahead of Theresa May confidence vote
- Credit: PA
The Conservative MPs in St Albans district and Radlett have reacted ahead of the confidence vote in Theresa May tonight.
The vote was triggered after 48 Tory MPs sent letters saying they had no confidence in Mrs May’s leadership to Sir Graham Brady the chair of the committee which represents backbench Conservative MPs’ interests, which is called the 1922 Committee after the year it was formed.
Hitchin & Harpenden MP Bim Afolami has tweeted he will be supporting the Prime Minister in the vote, which will be held between 6pm and 8pm this evening.
Oliver Dowden, the MP for Hertsmere including Radlett, is also backing the PM, saying: “At this difficult time for our country, the last thing we need is a change of Prime Minister.
“That is why I will be supporting Theresa May in the confidence vote this evening.”
You may also want to watch:
The office of St Albans MP Anne Main has been contacted for comment.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire