St Albans gym offers subsidised sessions for young people
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans gym is on a mission to help get teens fit and healthy with the introduction of subsidised sessions.
Westminster Lodge, which works in partnership with the district council, have set up a six week program and pay as you go sessions at a heavily reduced cost.
The leisure centre are running the sessions with hopes to combat negative body image and unhealthy fitness and diet habits.
They will run exercises classes, including cycling, circuits, bootcamps and hula fintess, alongside information sessions for youngsters aged eight to 15.
Tom Gregory, coach for Energised Fitness Education who help run the sessions, said: “This is an important age group.
You may also want to watch:
“We need to motivate kids to get involved in fitness before the notorious drop off point from activity that we see so often at around 16 years.”
The programme began on Monday (11) and will be held in the evenings between Monday and Friday.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 7 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 8 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 9 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 10 A New York state of mind
Fitness sessions cost £2 on a pay as you go basis, and the Energised Fitness Education sessions cost £24 for a six week programme.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org.