St Albans gym offers subsidised sessions for young people
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans gym is on a mission to help get teens fit and healthy with the introduction of subsidised sessions.
Westminster Lodge, which works in partnership with the district council, have set up a six week program and pay as you go sessions at a heavily reduced cost.
The leisure centre are running the sessions with hopes to combat negative body image and unhealthy fitness and diet habits.
They will run exercises classes, including cycling, circuits, bootcamps and hula fintess, alongside information sessions for youngsters aged eight to 15.
Tom Gregory, coach for Energised Fitness Education who help run the sessions, said: “This is an important age group.
You may also want to watch:
“We need to motivate kids to get involved in fitness before the notorious drop off point from activity that we see so often at around 16 years.”
The programme began on Monday (11) and will be held in the evenings between Monday and Friday.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 6 Seven-up for Devine as Colney Heath reach final of spring cup
- 7 Colney Heath up for the cup says boss but plan is also to carry form into next year
- 8 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
Fitness sessions cost £2 on a pay as you go basis, and the Energised Fitness Education sessions cost £24 for a six week programme.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org.