St Albans gym offers subsidised sessions for young people
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans gym is on a mission to help get teens fit and healthy with the introduction of subsidised sessions.
Westminster Lodge, which works in partnership with the district council, have set up a six week program and pay as you go sessions at a heavily reduced cost.
The leisure centre are running the sessions with hopes to combat negative body image and unhealthy fitness and diet habits.
They will run exercises classes, including cycling, circuits, bootcamps and hula fintess, alongside information sessions for youngsters aged eight to 15.
Tom Gregory, coach for Energised Fitness Education who help run the sessions, said: “This is an important age group.
“We need to motivate kids to get involved in fitness before the notorious drop off point from activity that we see so often at around 16 years.”
The programme began on Monday (11) and will be held in the evenings between Monday and Friday.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 6 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 7 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 8 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 9 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 10 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
Fitness sessions cost £2 on a pay as you go basis, and the Energised Fitness Education sessions cost £24 for a six week programme.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org.