St Albans gym celebrates £1m refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
The £1m refurbishment of a St Albans fitness centre came to an end after seven weeks with a relaunch event open to all.
Thousands of members have joined Nuffield Health St Albans Fitness and Wellbeing Centre since it originally opened 23 years ago, and this latest revamp is just the latest in a long list of improvements introduced during this time.
Although the gym remained open during the refurbishment work, the team was conscious of the disruption to members, and wanted to thank them for their patience at the same time as highlighting its new look with a major relaunch event.
Saturday saw hours of fun and entertainment including free food taster sessions with Nuffield Health’s nutritional therapist, mini classes, a bike which made smoothies, live music, a bouncy castle and children’s face painting.
The day put the spotlight on the new cardio equipment, freeweights area, resistance equipment and a athletic zone which includes innovative kit including a Jacob’s ladder and Watt Bike zone. The existing physiotherapy suite has also doubled in size with four new treatment rooms. New air conditioning and new pool covers have also been added as well as many parts of the gym being re-painted.
You may also want to watch:
Jenny Dipple, general manager of Nuffield St Albans said: “We are really excited to reveal our new look to new and existing members and so pleased that we can offer even more fitness and wellbeing services. I also want to thank my team for their hard work and support during the refurbishment and also thank our members for their patience whilst we were undertaking the refurbishment.”
If you missed out on the open day you can download a free gym pass and discover Nuffield St Albans for yourself or call 01727 238250.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 7 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to