St Albans Grove House party celebrates volunteers
HUNDREDS of volunteers keep Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care going and they are regarded as a priceless part of the charity.
It would be impossible to raise the funds needed to do the many jobs they carry out with absolutely no cost to Grove House for the benefit of so many patients.
So last week when Grove House held its summer evening party in order to thank its volunteers, Steve Cuthbert, chairman of Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care, was able to give an idea of how much money is saved.
Steve said: “We have calculated that the volunteers at Grove House save in excess of �600,000 a year for all the work they do on behalf of our many patients. We are so grateful to them all for giving up their time so freely. We would not be able to provide our services without their invaluable help.”
The party was not only a way to say thank you to the volunteers for another year of their generosity but also a chance for them to get together and socialise with their fellow volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to over 120 volunteers enjoying drinks and canap�s, Steve presented several volunteers with their 10 year service award.
They have all worked tirelessly in many varied roles such as driving patients to and from the day hospice, arranging the flowers, giving complementary therapy, counselling, fundraising, working in the garden and providing all sorts of other help.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
For further information on volunteering at Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care contact Wendy Burns on 01727 731000.