St Albans Grove House party celebrates volunteers
HUNDREDS of volunteers keep Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care going and they are regarded as a priceless part of the charity.
It would be impossible to raise the funds needed to do the many jobs they carry out with absolutely no cost to Grove House for the benefit of so many patients.
So last week when Grove House held its summer evening party in order to thank its volunteers, Steve Cuthbert, chairman of Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care, was able to give an idea of how much money is saved.
Steve said: “We have calculated that the volunteers at Grove House save in excess of �600,000 a year for all the work they do on behalf of our many patients. We are so grateful to them all for giving up their time so freely. We would not be able to provide our services without their invaluable help.”
The party was not only a way to say thank you to the volunteers for another year of their generosity but also a chance for them to get together and socialise with their fellow volunteers.
In addition to over 120 volunteers enjoying drinks and canap�s, Steve presented several volunteers with their 10 year service award.
They have all worked tirelessly in many varied roles such as driving patients to and from the day hospice, arranging the flowers, giving complementary therapy, counselling, fundraising, working in the garden and providing all sorts of other help.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
For further information on volunteering at Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care contact Wendy Burns on 01727 731000.