St Albans golf tournament heating up
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are still available for a revolutionary golf tournament being held near to St Albans this weekend.
Ties have already been drawn-up for the GolfSixes competition being held at Centurion Golf Club.
England golfer Chris Wood said: “With the countries who are taking part, there could be some pretty intriguing rivalries thrown up, and I’m sure we’ll see plenty of passion from the players and the fans.
“It’s a fresh, new format, and I think that’s very welcome in golf right now.”
Chris will be playing alongside Andy Sullivan, up against Denmark, The Netherlands, and India on Saturday, May 6 for a place in the knockout stages.
You may also want to watch:
Of the four groups, the top two teams will progress to the knockout stages.
All of the knockout stages - the semi and quarter finals, the third and fourth place play-offs, and the final - will be contested on Sunday, May 7.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 6 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 7 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
The tournmant will be broadcast live on Sky Sports, featuring celebrity commentators including actor Vinnie Jones and cricketer Darren Gough.
Tickets are available from www.eventbrite.co.uk