St Albans golf club raises £25k for air ambulance
- Credit: Archant
The Centurion Golf Club near St Albans has raised £25,000 for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance.
The amount was raised by competitors for the Rick Garg Memorial Trophy.
The trophy is named after club member Rick Garg, who died last August after suffering a heart attack on the course.
Fellow club member, Rick Wilson, said: “Rick was the epitome of a gentleman and he was a much-loved member of the community here at Centurion Club.
“The memorial tournament was a fitting way to remember everything that he achieved throughout his life.”
You may also want to watch:
Herts fundraising manager for the air ambulance, Natasha Robertson, said: “We are all so grateful to Centurion Club for organising a day in aid of the air ambulance.
“This event raised an amazing £24,370, which is one of the largest single donations from a golf club we have ever received.”
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 3 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 6 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 7 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 8 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 10 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden