St Albans golf club raises £25k for air ambulance
- Credit: Archant
The Centurion Golf Club near St Albans has raised £25,000 for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance.
The amount was raised by competitors for the Rick Garg Memorial Trophy.
The trophy is named after club member Rick Garg, who died last August after suffering a heart attack on the course.
Fellow club member, Rick Wilson, said: “Rick was the epitome of a gentleman and he was a much-loved member of the community here at Centurion Club.
“The memorial tournament was a fitting way to remember everything that he achieved throughout his life.”
You may also want to watch:
Herts fundraising manager for the air ambulance, Natasha Robertson, said: “We are all so grateful to Centurion Club for organising a day in aid of the air ambulance.
“This event raised an amazing £24,370, which is one of the largest single donations from a golf club we have ever received.”
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 7 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 8 A New York state of mind
- 9 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 10 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity