St Albans golf club raises £25k for air ambulance
- Credit: Archant
The Centurion Golf Club near St Albans has raised £25,000 for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance.
The amount was raised by competitors for the Rick Garg Memorial Trophy.
The trophy is named after club member Rick Garg, who died last August after suffering a heart attack on the course.
Fellow club member, Rick Wilson, said: “Rick was the epitome of a gentleman and he was a much-loved member of the community here at Centurion Club.
“The memorial tournament was a fitting way to remember everything that he achieved throughout his life.”
You may also want to watch:
Herts fundraising manager for the air ambulance, Natasha Robertson, said: “We are all so grateful to Centurion Club for organising a day in aid of the air ambulance.
“This event raised an amazing £24,370, which is one of the largest single donations from a golf club we have ever received.”
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold