St Albans golf club gives £750 to Earthworks
- Credit: Archant
Batchwood Hall Golf Club has donated £750 to horticultural charity Earthworks, which works with the disabled and people with learning difficulties.
Money was raised by the 2016 senior’s team captain Ivor Thomas through competitions and events.
The club holds monthly competitions called Medals, where all players make a donation to the senior captain’s charity.
A raffle at the club’s annual away day, which this year was held at Gustard Wood, also helped to boost funds.
Another raffle was also held at the Christmas men’s and ladies’ tournament, with all proceeds going to Earthworks.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Thomas said: “I am extremely pleased to be able to give Earthworks such a substantial donation, and for the pleasure our senior golfers had in raising the money for a local charity.”
An Earthworks spokesperson said: “We would like to thank Batchwood Hall Golf Club for their donation.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 7 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
“It will be a great help as the money will be put towards learning and development for our volunteers, the Earthworkers.”
To find out more about Earthworks, visit www.earthworksstalbans.co.uk