St Albans student dance company will perform at national festival
- Credit: Archant
Talented student dancers from St Albans have been chosen to perform at a national youth festival.
Advance Dance Company, made up of St Albans Girls’ School pupils, will perform a routine called Super Oceanum at U.Dance 2018 in Jerwood DanceHouse, Ipswich.
Only 11 other groups were selected from more than 290 applicants through a series of 20 regional heats.
U.Dance 2018 is organised by One Dance UK, partnered this year with DanceEast.
One Dance UK’s head of children and young people, Claire Somerville, said: “We were overwhelmed this year with hundreds of applications from youth dance groups from across the country.
You may also want to watch:
“The standard was exceptionally high and each group can consider themselves winners, having come as far as the regional platform.”
The festival takes place from 13-15 July.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests