St Albans student dance company will perform at national festival
- Credit: Archant
Talented student dancers from St Albans have been chosen to perform at a national youth festival.
Advance Dance Company, made up of St Albans Girls’ School pupils, will perform a routine called Super Oceanum at U.Dance 2018 in Jerwood DanceHouse, Ipswich.
Only 11 other groups were selected from more than 290 applicants through a series of 20 regional heats.
U.Dance 2018 is organised by One Dance UK, partnered this year with DanceEast.
One Dance UK’s head of children and young people, Claire Somerville, said: “We were overwhelmed this year with hundreds of applications from youth dance groups from across the country.
You may also want to watch:
“The standard was exceptionally high and each group can consider themselves winners, having come as far as the regional platform.”
The festival takes place from 13-15 July.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 10 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council