St Albans girl hands £1,240 cheque to Watford Hospital team
- Credit: Archant
This picture shows St Albans girl Cora Varshney handing a cheque for £1,240 to Watford General Hospital to help pay for equipment.
Cora, 6, raised the money through a lemonade stand and a JustGiving page to support the Starfish ward, which has helped her through her brain tumor treatment.
She set up her stand on Saturday, August 4 to sell homemade American-style lemonade and ice lollies, which raised £325.
That and the JustGiving money will be used to fund equipment on the Starfish ward to the benefit of the children and young people who are treated there.
Cora’s mum Alanna said: “Everyone has been in awe of the amount Cora has raised and we are so proud to see her looking outside of herself at such a challenging time.
You may also want to watch:
“She is already planning her next fundraiser - selling hot chocolate at Christmas time - this time to benefit Great Ormond Street Hospital.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 10 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations