St Albans girl meets Chancellor George Osborne
- Credit: Archant
PARTY time for Chancellor George Osborne usually involves questions flying across the House of Commons Chamber.
But last week he swapped party politics for a tea party at No 11 Downing Street to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rays of Sunshine Children’s Charity.
And among the children invited to attend was nine-year-old Molly Yourell from St Albans who suffers from a bad form of scholiosis.
The charity improves the lives of seriously ill children and their families by granting wishes, organising hospital activities and hosting events and outings for large groups of children.
Molly, who went along to the tea party with her sister Jessica, was granted her wish to receive a laptop computer last year.
You may also want to watch:
As well as children who had previously had wishes granted by the charity and corporate supporters, the guests included celebrity supporters Aston and JB from JLS, Molly, Una and Vanessa from The Saturdays, Dynamo the Magician and Kimberley Walsh.
After the event the Chancellor said: “Rays of Sunshine is a wonderful charity working to improve the lives of children with serious illness. I was delighted to welcome some very special kids into Number 11 Downing Street today.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 8 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 9 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 10 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
“As well as taking part in crafts and getting to meet some of their heroes, they brought some rays of sunshine into Number 11.”