St Albans getting better service from council
- Credit: Archant
St Albans appears to be getting a better service from its council.
Last year, there was a fall in the number of complaints to the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) about St Albans district council.
St Albans council complaints officer, Julie Young, said: “We work closely with the LGO to resolve any issues raised by customers about our services and welcome any independent feedback that is given.
“This is a positive reflection on our commitment to customers to resolve any complaints at the earliest possible opportunity.”
In 2016, four complaints out of 27 were upheld against St Albans council.
You may also want to watch:
Whereas in 2017, only three complaints out of 30 were upheld.
Of the six detailed investigations, three complaints were upheld and three were not, giving the council an uphold rate of 50 per cent.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
Below the national average rate of 63 per cent.