St Albans gardener presented with silver cup award
GREEN-FINGERED Chris Bowden may not be a top golfer but he has his own Ryder Cup. As the winner of an annual summer show, he was awarded a silver cup at St Albans garden centre Aylett s. Roger and Hazel Aylett, of the North Orbital Road garden centre, pre
GREEN-FINGERED Chris Bowden may not be a top golfer but he has his own Ryder Cup.
As the winner of an annual summer show, he was awarded a silver cup at St Albans garden centre Aylett's.
Roger and Hazel Aylett, of the North Orbital Road garden centre, presented Cottonmill and Nursery Allotment Association (CNAA) member Chris with the Ryder Cup.
Chris won the 2009 CNAA Summer Show and his Ryder Cup, which was originally presented to Aylett Nurseries by the St Albans Horticultural Society, will be displayed at the nursery, together with his photo, for customers to see.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director Roger said at the presentation: "I am delighted to present the cup to Mr Bowden in recognition of his wonderful achievement. The competition was extremely fierce and he is a worthy winner!
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 8 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 9 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 10 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic