St Albans garden to feature on Alan Titchmarsh ITV show
- Credit: Archant
A spectacular St Albans garden will feature on the next series of a popular TV makeover show.
Each episode of ITV’s Love Your Garden with Alan Titchmarsh focuses on a garden revamp, and as a side-segment features innovative landscapers who have sidestepped common problems and created beautiful spaces.
The TV crew team fell in love with a sunken showpiece booth designed by St Albans landcape and construction company, New Form Landscapes, and asked if it could be filmed.
The booth is accessed by a mosaic-decorated ramp spiralling down to a semi-circle seated area and pizza oven, and took about 10 weeks to create.
Simon Hawkins, who founded New Form Landscapes with his brother Ben, said: “I am very pleased, Alan Titchmarsh is a good guy who knows his stuff, it’s good to be on the programme and it’s nice it was recognised as good enough to be on the show.”
You may also want to watch:
“We try to do something a bit unique every time we put a project together.
“I always love a booth, whenever we are out I think it’s great to be in the booth.”
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 May 17th: Fighting Cocks landlord overjoyed to welcome customers back
- 3 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 4 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 5 St Albans' Caribbean community launches volcano relief fundraising campaign
- 6 Sustainable markets will top and tail annual St Albans eco-festival
- 7 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 8 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 9 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 10 Schools across Herts miss out on £1.9 million of free school meal funding
He said the garden owners, the Clark family, were very accommodating and listened to their design suggestions, letting them explore new ideas.
Daughter Sophie said: “I am very excited, I am not only going to watch it, I am going to record it and send it to the grandparents.
“We have worked with [Simon] a few times and they have always been really innovative and creative, and created really beautiful things for the garden.”
They are so pleased with the sunken booth that they are currently discussing revamping the kitchen with the same company.
Spun Gold TV, who are filming for the show, said: “[We] have basically been on every garden designers portfolio in the London and surrounding areas searching for the best sunken gardens – luckily [we] stumbled upon yours towards the end of my search as it is absolutely stunning, and perfect for the shoot.”
The show should air on ITV on June 21, although this is liable to change at this early stage.