St Albans garden to feature on Alan Titchmarsh ITV show
- Credit: Archant
A spectacular St Albans garden will feature on the next series of a popular TV makeover show.
Each episode of ITV’s Love Your Garden with Alan Titchmarsh focuses on a garden revamp, and as a side-segment features innovative landscapers who have sidestepped common problems and created beautiful spaces.
The TV crew team fell in love with a sunken showpiece booth designed by St Albans landcape and construction company, New Form Landscapes, and asked if it could be filmed.
The booth is accessed by a mosaic-decorated ramp spiralling down to a semi-circle seated area and pizza oven, and took about 10 weeks to create.
Simon Hawkins, who founded New Form Landscapes with his brother Ben, said: “I am very pleased, Alan Titchmarsh is a good guy who knows his stuff, it’s good to be on the programme and it’s nice it was recognised as good enough to be on the show.”
You may also want to watch:
“We try to do something a bit unique every time we put a project together.
“I always love a booth, whenever we are out I think it’s great to be in the booth.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
He said the garden owners, the Clark family, were very accommodating and listened to their design suggestions, letting them explore new ideas.
Daughter Sophie said: “I am very excited, I am not only going to watch it, I am going to record it and send it to the grandparents.
“We have worked with [Simon] a few times and they have always been really innovative and creative, and created really beautiful things for the garden.”
They are so pleased with the sunken booth that they are currently discussing revamping the kitchen with the same company.
Spun Gold TV, who are filming for the show, said: “[We] have basically been on every garden designers portfolio in the London and surrounding areas searching for the best sunken gardens – luckily [we] stumbled upon yours towards the end of my search as it is absolutely stunning, and perfect for the shoot.”
The show should air on ITV on June 21, although this is liable to change at this early stage.