St Albans garden designer sketches way to success
- Credit: Archant
Garden designer Rosemary Coldstream has sketched her way to success in two categories of a national award scheme.
Rosemary, who runs her garden design business from St Mary’s Walk in St Albans, picked up the prizes for design excellence and best newcomer awarded by the British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI).
The winning entry was for the River Garden, a St Albans garden which has already picked up a prize from The Society of Garden Designers.
Built for under £50,000, it is a contemporary garden that backs on to a small river, maximising the borrowed view and providing all-year-round enjoyment.
Rosemary, who established her company in 2006 and has worked on projects varying from large country estates to pocket-sized London gardens, said: “The BALI awards celebrate the best of national and international landscape designers and contractors. I am thrilled to be recognised in this way.
You may also want to watch:
“I am particularly excited by the best newcomer award because it’s a prize that usually goes to landscape contractors rather than designers - so I must be doing something right.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions