St Albans garden centre to celebrate 120th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A garden centre in St Albans is hosting a variety of free activities to celebrate its 120th anniversary.
Notcutts, in Hatfield Road, is inviting customers to come to the centre from Thursday, May 18 to Sunday, May 21 for local food tastings, free balloons, a live guitarist and more.
The St Albans centre will also be offering advice on bee-friendly plants with a local beekeepers’ association, alongside gardening demonstrations and talks from the Notcutts planteria team.
Notcutts was founded in 1897 by Roger Crompton Notcutt, as a small nursery and shop in Suffolk. The company now has 18 garden centres across the country and has been owned by the family for four generations, with the founder’s great-granddaughter Caroline Notcutt the current vice chairman.
To celebrate the anniversary, centre manager Chris Holt will be cutting a birthday cake at the st St Albans centre on Saturday, May 20 for colleagues and customers.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We are very excited to be celebrating such a special birthday for Notcutts this year - we are proud of our family heritage and all that the company has achieved in horticulture over the past 120 years.
“We would also like to thank our customers for supporting us at our St Albans centre over the years, and we hope many will join us as we celebrate in store.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 7 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to