St Albans garage owners warned after series of break-ins
- Credit: Archant
Homeowners are being warned to be extra vigilant following a spate of garage break-ins.
Between Friday, January 27 and Saturday, February 4, a motorbike in a lock-up in Westminster Court, St Albans, was damaged.
Then between Friday, February 17 and Sunday, February 19 a chainsaw and a strimmer were stolen from a garage on School Lane in Bricket Wood.
Other items stolen from garages have included electrical tools and bicycles.
Additionally, there have been a number of occasions where garage locks have been damaged.
You may also want to watch:
Police have asked residents to remember to properly secure their properties and do not leave any valuables inside them unless additional security is in place.
They also advise locking away gardening equipment which can be used to break into the adjoining home after being stolen from a garage.
More specific guides on securing a garage can be found at www.herts.police.uk/advice, including using mesh grills to secure any windows and using bolts on any doors.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire