Knife-wielding masked gang hunted by police in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A knife-wielding gang causing panic across St Albans remain at large, despite helicopter intervention.
Police were called at 5.49pm on Saturday, October 10 to reports of a group of four masked males, believed to be in possession of bladed weapons, in Camp Road, St Albans.
The suspects then went in the direction of Cell Barnes Lane. Officers, including those from the armed policing unit, attended and carried out a search of the area to trace the suspects, supported by the police helicopter.
However, the gang evaded police and were not apprehended.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call the non-emergency number 101 quoting ISR 577 of 10 October.
You may also want to watch:
You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/report or speak to an operator in our Force Communications Room via our online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, you can stay 100% anonymous by contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 9 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 10 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City