Knife-wielding masked gang hunted by police in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A knife-wielding gang causing panic across St Albans remain at large, despite helicopter intervention.
Police were called at 5.49pm on Saturday, October 10 to reports of a group of four masked males, believed to be in possession of bladed weapons, in Camp Road, St Albans.
The suspects then went in the direction of Cell Barnes Lane. Officers, including those from the armed policing unit, attended and carried out a search of the area to trace the suspects, supported by the police helicopter.
However, the gang evaded police and were not apprehended.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call the non-emergency number 101 quoting ISR 577 of 10 October.
You may also want to watch:
You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/report or speak to an operator in our Force Communications Room via our online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, you can stay 100% anonymous by contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire