St Albans Gang Show call for former cast or crew over last 40 years to attend anniversary event
- Credit: Archant
Have you ever sung, danced, performed, or helped behind the scenes with the St Albans Gang Show?
Organisers of the St Albans and District Scout and Guide Gang Show are calling for any former cast or crew members to attend an anniversary party.
Put on by young people aged 11 to 25 in the St Albans District Scout Association and the St Albans Division Guide Association, the annual variety show has been entertaining audiences at the Alban Arena for nearly 40 years.
The St Albans Gang Show's first performance was in 1980, but it was officially recognised by the Scout Association in the late '80s.
Since then, thousands of young people have taken part.
Former producer David Barker, who is leading the organising team, said: "The Gang Show in St Albans has brought so much joy and so many happy memories to thousands of people over the last 40 years and we are really looking forward to catching up with people from across the years.
"We have people flying in from Australia, Canada, Europe and from across the UK to join in the celebration."
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 5 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 6 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 7 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 10 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
He said St Albans Gang Show is widely recognised as one of the best in the world and it has performed at the Royal Albert Hall, The O2 Arena, Baden-Powell House and The Wimbledon Theatre.
Plans are already underway for the 2020 performance, which is due to take place at the Alban Arena from February 12 to 15.
Current producer Hermione Drew said: "Some of our current cast members have parents who met when they were in the show in the 1980s and 1990s so it almost feels like we have gone full circle."
There will be an opportunity to enjoy food, entertainment, reminiscing and memorabilia at the anniversary event.
It is taking place on September 28 from 7.15pm at Aldwickbury Park Golf Club in Harpenden.
Tickets are £40 from www.stalbansgangshow.com/40th-anniversary.
They are available until August 30 to any former cast or crew members who are over 18.
Email 40thAnniversary@stalbansgangshow.com with any questions or ideas for the event.