St Albans for Refugees to host charity music festival
- Credit: Archant
Music lovers feeling down as the festival season draws to a close can beat the blues at a one-day music event.
St Albans for Refugees (StAR) are hosting a one day festival this Sunday (11) at a The Golden Lion in London Colney to raise money for the charity.
Starting at 2.30pm the festivities are expected to go on into the evening with a host of local bands lined up to entertain revellers.
Festival food will also be available in the form of a barbecue, and a bouncy castle will also be on hand for the younger people in the audience.
Marian Hammersley-Field, organiser and StAR trustee, said: “What better way is there to end off the summer than with a music festival and help those in need.”
You may also want to watch:
Ten live acts, which are all giving their time for free, are expected to take to the stage and Liz said there was something for everyone.
She added: “This line-up is one not to be missed, with music to meet all tastes throughout the day. This is a day guaranteed to put a smile on your face and get you dancing.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
StAR recently celebrated its first birthday, raising thousands and bringing over countless donations to the Calais and Dunkirk refugee camps.
Tickets are £5 in advance and £6.50 on the door. To book click here,