Lord to give St Albans talk to pro-EU group
- Credit: Archant
A Labour peer is coming to St Albans to give a talk about the ongoing Brexit negotiations.
Lord Andrew Adonis will be talking to local Remainer group St Albans for Europe following his recent book, Saving Britain.
In the work, which is co-authored by Will Hutton, he argues Brexiteers were right to believe they had been neglected but that the answer is not to leave Europe, but to change from within.
He is an advocate of a People’s Vote on the final deal.
Lord Adonis is a member of the House of Lords and visiting professor at King’s College London.
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place at Marlborough Road Methodist Church on Thursday September 6 from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
Doors open from 7.00pm, booking is recommended, and admission is free - although donations towards running the event are welcome.
For further details, visit www.stalbans4europe.co.uk/adonis0918
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 9 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 10 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'