Lord to give St Albans talk to pro-EU group
- Credit: Archant
A Labour peer is coming to St Albans to give a talk about the ongoing Brexit negotiations.
Lord Andrew Adonis will be talking to local Remainer group St Albans for Europe following his recent book, Saving Britain.
In the work, which is co-authored by Will Hutton, he argues Brexiteers were right to believe they had been neglected but that the answer is not to leave Europe, but to change from within.
He is an advocate of a People’s Vote on the final deal.
Lord Adonis is a member of the House of Lords and visiting professor at King’s College London.
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place at Marlborough Road Methodist Church on Thursday September 6 from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
Doors open from 7.00pm, booking is recommended, and admission is free - although donations towards running the event are welcome.
For further details, visit www.stalbans4europe.co.uk/adonis0918
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 4 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 5 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 8 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 9 A New York state of mind
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead