Lord to give St Albans talk to pro-EU group
- Credit: Archant
A Labour peer is coming to St Albans to give a talk about the ongoing Brexit negotiations.
Lord Andrew Adonis will be talking to local Remainer group St Albans for Europe following his recent book, Saving Britain.
In the work, which is co-authored by Will Hutton, he argues Brexiteers were right to believe they had been neglected but that the answer is not to leave Europe, but to change from within.
He is an advocate of a People’s Vote on the final deal.
Lord Adonis is a member of the House of Lords and visiting professor at King’s College London.
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place at Marlborough Road Methodist Church on Thursday September 6 from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
Doors open from 7.00pm, booking is recommended, and admission is free - although donations towards running the event are welcome.
For further details, visit www.stalbans4europe.co.uk/adonis0918
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 3 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 4 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 5 St Albans MP describes fire safety row as ‘national scandal of epic proportions’
- 6 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 7 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 8 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 9 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 10 Youth engagement event marks Stephen Lawrence Day in St Albans