St Albans food factory revamps local day centre
A FOOD factory in St Albans has joined forces with the district council in an attempt to revamp a local day care centre. Premier Foods, the UK s largest food producer, will provide resources for the painting and decorating of part of the Jubilee Centre i
A FOOD factory in St Albans has joined forces with the district council in an attempt to revamp a local day care centre.
Premier Foods, the UK's largest food producer, will provide resources for the painting and decorating of part of the Jubilee Centre in Catherine Street so that it can be used as a new meeting place for the elderly.
The council has been working on plans for the Jubilee Centre ever since its use as a day care centre ended earlier this year. Richard Shwe, head of culture and community development at the council, said that the first course of action was to improve the condition of the building.
He added: "Premier Foods has kindly offered to fund the refurbishments and its employees will work together to help refurbish various meeting rooms, which, as well as being used by the elderly, could in the future be hired by many different community groups."
You may also want to watch:
Corporate Social Responsibility Manager at Premier Foods Ian Bowles said that the company was proud to offer a helping hand and added: "As a major local employer, we're keen to play an active part in the St Albans community. It's also an opportunity for us to give our young managers opportunities to manage a different type of project and to undertake a team-building exercise."
Work on the Jubilee Centre is set to start in the next few weeks and as the refurbishment progresses the council will begin promoting the availability of the meeting space for the community.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold