Nominations open for St Albans Food and Drink Festival Awards 2019
- Credit: Archant
People can nominate their favourite venues for the St Albans Food and Drink Festival Awards, with a public vote to be held later this summer.
The categories for the contest include awards for the best restaurant, pub, bar, takeaway, café, market stall and family-friendly venue.
There is also the Kate D'Arcy Award for Customer Service, named after the co-founder of Darcy's restaurant (now Thompson) who died in 2010.
Both businesses and individuals can make as many nominations as they wish until Thursday, June 20. The finalists will then be decided with a public vote, and the top three in each category will be put forward to the next stage.
The winners will be announced during the festival, which runs from Monday, September 23 to Monday, October 7.
You may also want to watch:
To nominate a venue go to www.enjoystalbans.com/eat-drink/food-and-drink-awards/
- 1 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 4 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 5 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 6 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 7 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 8 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 10 County council leader unseated in shock result