Nominations open for St Albans Food and Drink Festival Awards 2019
- Credit: Archant
People can nominate their favourite venues for the St Albans Food and Drink Festival Awards, with a public vote to be held later this summer.
The categories for the contest include awards for the best restaurant, pub, bar, takeaway, café, market stall and family-friendly venue.
There is also the Kate D'Arcy Award for Customer Service, named after the co-founder of Darcy's restaurant (now Thompson) who died in 2010.
Both businesses and individuals can make as many nominations as they wish until Thursday, June 20. The finalists will then be decided with a public vote, and the top three in each category will be put forward to the next stage.
The winners will be announced during the festival, which runs from Monday, September 23 to Monday, October 7.
You may also want to watch:
To nominate a venue go to www.enjoystalbans.com/eat-drink/food-and-drink-awards/
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery