Nominations open for St Albans Food and Drink Festival Awards 2019
- Credit: Archant
People can nominate their favourite venues for the St Albans Food and Drink Festival Awards, with a public vote to be held later this summer.
The categories for the contest include awards for the best restaurant, pub, bar, takeaway, café, market stall and family-friendly venue.
There is also the Kate D'Arcy Award for Customer Service, named after the co-founder of Darcy's restaurant (now Thompson) who died in 2010.
Both businesses and individuals can make as many nominations as they wish until Thursday, June 20. The finalists will then be decided with a public vote, and the top three in each category will be put forward to the next stage.
The winners will be announced during the festival, which runs from Monday, September 23 to Monday, October 7.
You may also want to watch:
To nominate a venue go to www.enjoystalbans.com/eat-drink/food-and-drink-awards/
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'