Forty finalists for St Albans food and drink festival
- Credit: Archant
The public has picked forty finalists for the St Albans food and drink festival.
The finalists will now compete for 13 prized titles including best pub and best takeaway.
Business portfolio holder Beric Read said: “These awards are a great way of giving recognition to our booming food and drink industry and the competition gets more intense each year.
“The number of food and drink businesses in the district continues to grow while the quality and diversity is quite astonishing.
“The festival gives them an opportunity to showcase what they offer and there are some very exciting events in the programme. I wish all the finalists the very best of luck and urge those that did not make the short list to try again next year.”
You may also want to watch:
The finalists (from St Albans unless otherwise stated) are, for best restaurant for a special occasion, Dylans The Kings Arms; Prime; Thompson St Albans.
For best restaurant for everyday dining: Godfreys, Harpenden; Per Tutti; The Great Northern.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
For best pub: Dylans The Kings Arms; The Great Northern; Ye Olde Fighting Cocks.
For best bar: Dylans The Kings Arms; Suckerpunch; The Snug.
For best café: George Street Canteen; The Fleetville Larder; The Pudding Stop.
For best local producer: Carpenters Nursery, Sandridge; Farr Brew, Wheathampstead; Hedges Farm Shop.
For best food and drink shop: Buongiorno Italia; Farr Brewery; Fleetville Larder; Parker & Vine.
For best market stall: Cheese Wheeler; Farr Brew; Peddling Pizza.
For best takeaway: Godfrey’s; Hatch; The Pudding Stop.
For best place to do business: Dylans The Kings Arms; The Beech House; The Waffle House.
For most family friendly: George Street Canteen; The Waffle House; Ye Olde Fighting Cocks.
For best newcomer: Hatch on the Hill; Peddling Pizza; The Fleetville Larder.
For the Kate D’Arcy award for customer service: Sean Hughes, Dylans The Kings Arms; Ed Bevin, Fleetville Larder; Jonny Shepherd, Pudding Stop.