St Albans flat fire lands man in hospital

Fire crews called to derelict factory in Letchworth

Fire crews called to derelict factory in Letchworth - Credit: Archant

A MAN was taken to hospital following a flat fire yesterday in St Albans.

The accidental blaze broke out on Britton Avenue just before 3pm.

Police closed the road while firefighters extinguished the blaze and the man was attended to by paramedics.

It remained shut off until around 4pm and the man was taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital for smoke inhalation.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus