St Albans man arrested on suspicion of arson after flat block fire shuts road
- Credit: Archant
A 50-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson after a fire in a St Albans flat block last night.
Firefighters were first on the scene following reports of a blaze in a communal area of a block of flats in Frobisher Road, and called police for assistance at 7.11pm.
The road was subsequently shut at the junction with Drakes Drive.
The fire was extinguished and a police spokeswoman has said nobody was injured.
A 50-year-old man from St Albans has been arrested on suspicion of arson and remains in police custody at this time.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now appealing for witnesses to come forward. Anyone who saw anything suspicious around the time stated or has any information that could assist the on-going police investigation is asked to contact Hertfordshire Constabulary via the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference F1/17/4461 or report information online at www.contacthertspolice.uk/Report.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
In a separate incident last night, firefighters were also called to a two-vehicle crash in nearby St Vincent Drive – off London Road.
A crew gave trauma care to one casualty who was subsequently taken to hospital.