St Albans fitness club saves the day for young cyclist
A FITNESS club in St Albans has saved the day for a young cyclist.
After reading a story on the Herts Advertiser website about the theft of a child’s bike from a St Albans home last month, �nergie fitness club for women on Catherine Street decided to buy the owner, a young girl with learning difficulties, a brand-new bike.
Club manager Heather Eyley said that they ordered the same bike, a distinctive pink and blue model, from Sports Direct and delivered it to the child last week.
She added: “I was really sad to read about the story and there’s not a lot of generosity that goes on nowadays. So we decided on a random act of kindness and got surfing the internet straight away.”
Heather, who raised over �100 for charity when she ran the Hatfield and Welwyn Race for Life a couple of weeks ago, said that she hoped the girl enjoyed her new bike: “The weather is getting warmer and I’m sure she’ll get a lot of use out of the bike. It’s the slightly newer model too, so I’m sure she will love it.”
You may also want to watch:
The stolen bike, a Dunlop model with a logo on the frame and saddle, has still not been recovered and anyone with information about the theft should contact Pc Dean Mason via the non-emergency number, 0845 3300222. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests