St Albans fitness club saves the day for young cyclist
A FITNESS club in St Albans has saved the day for a young cyclist.
After reading a story on the Herts Advertiser website about the theft of a child’s bike from a St Albans home last month, �nergie fitness club for women on Catherine Street decided to buy the owner, a young girl with learning difficulties, a brand-new bike.
Club manager Heather Eyley said that they ordered the same bike, a distinctive pink and blue model, from Sports Direct and delivered it to the child last week.
She added: “I was really sad to read about the story and there’s not a lot of generosity that goes on nowadays. So we decided on a random act of kindness and got surfing the internet straight away.”
Heather, who raised over �100 for charity when she ran the Hatfield and Welwyn Race for Life a couple of weeks ago, said that she hoped the girl enjoyed her new bike: “The weather is getting warmer and I’m sure she’ll get a lot of use out of the bike. It’s the slightly newer model too, so I’m sure she will love it.”
You may also want to watch:
The stolen bike, a Dunlop model with a logo on the frame and saddle, has still not been recovered and anyone with information about the theft should contact Pc Dean Mason via the non-emergency number, 0845 3300222. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on