St Albans fitness manager to play in international lacrosse championship
- Credit: Archant
A manager at a fitness centre in St Albans has been selected to represent Wales at the Lacrosse World Championships.
James Tiley is the sports development and fitness manager for Everyone Active, which runs Westminster Lodge where James trains.
He will fly to Israel for the Lacrosse World Championships on July 7, ahead of the tournament which begins on July 12.
James said: “Obviously this is the biggest event for any lacrosse player in their career. I’m really looking forward to testing myself against the other players. “It will be a fantastic opportunity for me individually and the team as a whole.”
James has played lacrosse for 17 years, since a coach visited his primary school to try to develop the sport among young children.
You may also want to watch:
To prepare for the tournament, he has ten conditioning sessions per week as well as lacrosse specific sessions.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing