St Albans fitness manager to play in international lacrosse championship
- Credit: Archant
A manager at a fitness centre in St Albans has been selected to represent Wales at the Lacrosse World Championships.
James Tiley is the sports development and fitness manager for Everyone Active, which runs Westminster Lodge where James trains.
He will fly to Israel for the Lacrosse World Championships on July 7, ahead of the tournament which begins on July 12.
James said: “Obviously this is the biggest event for any lacrosse player in their career. I’m really looking forward to testing myself against the other players. “It will be a fantastic opportunity for me individually and the team as a whole.”
James has played lacrosse for 17 years, since a coach visited his primary school to try to develop the sport among young children.
You may also want to watch:
To prepare for the tournament, he has ten conditioning sessions per week as well as lacrosse specific sessions.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 7 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 10 Prove you’ve had vaccine, say a third of St Albans office workers