St Albans fitness manager to play in international lacrosse championship
- Credit: Archant
A manager at a fitness centre in St Albans has been selected to represent Wales at the Lacrosse World Championships.
James Tiley is the sports development and fitness manager for Everyone Active, which runs Westminster Lodge where James trains.
He will fly to Israel for the Lacrosse World Championships on July 7, ahead of the tournament which begins on July 12.
James said: “Obviously this is the biggest event for any lacrosse player in their career. I’m really looking forward to testing myself against the other players. “It will be a fantastic opportunity for me individually and the team as a whole.”
James has played lacrosse for 17 years, since a coach visited his primary school to try to develop the sport among young children.
You may also want to watch:
To prepare for the tournament, he has ten conditioning sessions per week as well as lacrosse specific sessions.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
- 9 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to