St Albans fireworks displays begin this weekend in London Colney
The night sky will be alight in the next couple of weeks with firework displays being held all across the district. Things get underway in London Colney this Sunday, November 1. At Morris Playing Fields, White Horse Lane, the parish council will stage a
The night sky will be alight in the next couple of weeks with firework displays being held all across the district.
Things get underway in London Colney this Sunday, November 1. At Morris Playing Fields, White Horse Lane, the parish council will stage an exciting 20-minute display for which there is no charge but a collection will be taken. Any money raised will go to local groups like the scouts. Gates open at 5.30pm.
Next Saturday, November 7, there is an explosion of different shows to choose from:
The season kicks off at the Old Albanian Rugby Club where pyrotechnics company Foxy Fireworks will put on the performance. It starts at 7.45pm and there will be a barbecue and refreshments available. Admission is �7 for adults and concessions �4.
You may also want to watch:
The annual display held at Verulamium Park, St Albans, will raise money for the Cancer Treatment and Research Trust. About 20,000 visitors are expected for the half-hour sequence. Gates open at 6.30pm and tickets cost �5 for adults and �2 for children.
In Harpenden, Crabtree Infants School, will be hosting a fireworks show. Things get under way at 5.30pm with tickets costing �5 on the night.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
Redbourn fireworks display starts at 7pm. It has become a village tradition and this year there will be a fair on the Common.
On Sunday, November 8, Harpenden Rugby Club will put on a real bonanza. Gates open at 4pm to reveal a funfair, simulators and a food court. A spokesperson for the club said: "Last year about 5,000 people came down. Even though it poured with rain, everyone had a great time.