St Albans fireworks displays begin this weekend in London Colney
The night sky will be alight in the next couple of weeks with firework displays being held all across the district. Things get underway in London Colney this Sunday, November 1. At Morris Playing Fields, White Horse Lane, the parish council will stage a
The night sky will be alight in the next couple of weeks with firework displays being held all across the district.
Things get underway in London Colney this Sunday, November 1. At Morris Playing Fields, White Horse Lane, the parish council will stage an exciting 20-minute display for which there is no charge but a collection will be taken. Any money raised will go to local groups like the scouts. Gates open at 5.30pm.
Next Saturday, November 7, there is an explosion of different shows to choose from:
The season kicks off at the Old Albanian Rugby Club where pyrotechnics company Foxy Fireworks will put on the performance. It starts at 7.45pm and there will be a barbecue and refreshments available. Admission is �7 for adults and concessions �4.
You may also want to watch:
The annual display held at Verulamium Park, St Albans, will raise money for the Cancer Treatment and Research Trust. About 20,000 visitors are expected for the half-hour sequence. Gates open at 6.30pm and tickets cost �5 for adults and �2 for children.
In Harpenden, Crabtree Infants School, will be hosting a fireworks show. Things get under way at 5.30pm with tickets costing �5 on the night.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 3 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 4 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 5 The Snow Must Go On: More pics of St Albans in the snow
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 8 Claw enforcement: How to stop your cat scratching furniture and leaving fur everywhere
- 9 Bishop wages war on sports gambling
- 10 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
Redbourn fireworks display starts at 7pm. It has become a village tradition and this year there will be a fair on the Common.
On Sunday, November 8, Harpenden Rugby Club will put on a real bonanza. Gates open at 4pm to reveal a funfair, simulators and a food court. A spokesperson for the club said: "Last year about 5,000 people came down. Even though it poured with rain, everyone had a great time.