St Albans fireworks displays begin this weekend in London Colney
The night sky will be alight in the next couple of weeks with firework displays being held all across the district. Things get underway in London Colney this Sunday, November 1. At Morris Playing Fields, White Horse Lane, the parish council will stage a
The night sky will be alight in the next couple of weeks with firework displays being held all across the district.
Things get underway in London Colney this Sunday, November 1. At Morris Playing Fields, White Horse Lane, the parish council will stage an exciting 20-minute display for which there is no charge but a collection will be taken. Any money raised will go to local groups like the scouts. Gates open at 5.30pm.
Next Saturday, November 7, there is an explosion of different shows to choose from:
The season kicks off at the Old Albanian Rugby Club where pyrotechnics company Foxy Fireworks will put on the performance. It starts at 7.45pm and there will be a barbecue and refreshments available. Admission is �7 for adults and concessions �4.
You may also want to watch:
The annual display held at Verulamium Park, St Albans, will raise money for the Cancer Treatment and Research Trust. About 20,000 visitors are expected for the half-hour sequence. Gates open at 6.30pm and tickets cost �5 for adults and �2 for children.
In Harpenden, Crabtree Infants School, will be hosting a fireworks show. Things get under way at 5.30pm with tickets costing �5 on the night.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
Redbourn fireworks display starts at 7pm. It has become a village tradition and this year there will be a fair on the Common.
On Sunday, November 8, Harpenden Rugby Club will put on a real bonanza. Gates open at 4pm to reveal a funfair, simulators and a food court. A spokesperson for the club said: "Last year about 5,000 people came down. Even though it poured with rain, everyone had a great time.