St Albans fireworks displays begin this weekend in London Colney
The night sky will be alight in the next couple of weeks with firework displays being held all across the district. Things get underway in London Colney this Sunday, November 1. At Morris Playing Fields, White Horse Lane, the parish council will stage a
The night sky will be alight in the next couple of weeks with firework displays being held all across the district.
Things get underway in London Colney this Sunday, November 1. At Morris Playing Fields, White Horse Lane, the parish council will stage an exciting 20-minute display for which there is no charge but a collection will be taken. Any money raised will go to local groups like the scouts. Gates open at 5.30pm.
Next Saturday, November 7, there is an explosion of different shows to choose from:
The season kicks off at the Old Albanian Rugby Club where pyrotechnics company Foxy Fireworks will put on the performance. It starts at 7.45pm and there will be a barbecue and refreshments available. Admission is �7 for adults and concessions �4.
You may also want to watch:
The annual display held at Verulamium Park, St Albans, will raise money for the Cancer Treatment and Research Trust. About 20,000 visitors are expected for the half-hour sequence. Gates open at 6.30pm and tickets cost �5 for adults and �2 for children.
In Harpenden, Crabtree Infants School, will be hosting a fireworks show. Things get under way at 5.30pm with tickets costing �5 on the night.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
Redbourn fireworks display starts at 7pm. It has become a village tradition and this year there will be a fair on the Common.
On Sunday, November 8, Harpenden Rugby Club will put on a real bonanza. Gates open at 4pm to reveal a funfair, simulators and a food court. A spokesperson for the club said: "Last year about 5,000 people came down. Even though it poured with rain, everyone had a great time.