Firefighters busy tackling blazes across St Albans
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Firefighters rushed to help emergency situations across St Albans this weekend.
The Herts Fire and Rescue Service (HFRS) assisted a driver who had left the road and crashed into a forested area on the B561 in Sandridge, on Saturday (January 27) at about 6pm.
There was also a moped fire on Park Street Lane on Sunday (January 28), which was attended by a fire engine from Garston.
They extinguished the blaze around 6.45pm.
A tree went up in flames on Lybury Lane on Sunday at about 4.10pm, but crews from Redbourn were able to put it out.
You may also want to watch:
HFRS also received “an abundance of calls” about a car fire between junctions eight and nine of the M1, at about 4.30pm on Sunday.
Both St Albans and Hemel Hempstead firefighters were called out to tackle the flames.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe