St Albans financial advice firm makes first acquisition
- Credit: Archant
A financial advice and investment firm in St Albans has completed its first acquisition.
Lumin Wealth Management, in Sandridge Park, has bought Luton’s Hyperion Financial Planning, which has £85m of client funds under advice.
Managing director at Lumin, Martin Cotter, said there are “obvious similarity” in values: “We believe this transaction provides a template for further acquisitions and that we represent a strong alternative to the national consolidators for advisers that want to retain a more personal involvement and entrust their clients to a high service proposition.”
Hyperion director and shareholder Michael Barnett is one of two advisers, along with a senior paraplanner, moving to Lumin Wealth.
Michael said: “Throughout the process of finding a suitable buyer for our business we were clear that our clients were of paramount importance.
You may also want to watch:
“From the first meeting with Lumin Wealth it was obvious they were the right partner.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'