St Albans financial advice firm makes first acquisition
- Credit: Archant
A financial advice and investment firm in St Albans has completed its first acquisition.
Lumin Wealth Management, in Sandridge Park, has bought Luton’s Hyperion Financial Planning, which has £85m of client funds under advice.
Managing director at Lumin, Martin Cotter, said there are “obvious similarity” in values: “We believe this transaction provides a template for further acquisitions and that we represent a strong alternative to the national consolidators for advisers that want to retain a more personal involvement and entrust their clients to a high service proposition.”
Hyperion director and shareholder Michael Barnett is one of two advisers, along with a senior paraplanner, moving to Lumin Wealth.
Michael said: “Throughout the process of finding a suitable buyer for our business we were clear that our clients were of paramount importance.
You may also want to watch:
“From the first meeting with Lumin Wealth it was obvious they were the right partner.”
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 8 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'