St Albans financial advice firm makes first acquisition
- Credit: Archant
A financial advice and investment firm in St Albans has completed its first acquisition.
Lumin Wealth Management, in Sandridge Park, has bought Luton’s Hyperion Financial Planning, which has £85m of client funds under advice.
Managing director at Lumin, Martin Cotter, said there are “obvious similarity” in values: “We believe this transaction provides a template for further acquisitions and that we represent a strong alternative to the national consolidators for advisers that want to retain a more personal involvement and entrust their clients to a high service proposition.”
Hyperion director and shareholder Michael Barnett is one of two advisers, along with a senior paraplanner, moving to Lumin Wealth.
Michael said: “Throughout the process of finding a suitable buyer for our business we were clear that our clients were of paramount importance.
You may also want to watch:
“From the first meeting with Lumin Wealth it was obvious they were the right partner.”
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 6 Seven-up for Devine as Colney Heath reach final of spring cup
- 7 Colney Heath up for the cup says boss but plan is also to carry form into next year
- 8 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease