St Albans fatality woman is named
THE 91-YEAR-OLD woman from St Albans who was involved in a car crash near Leeds last week and died from her injuries has been named. Margaret Crystal Coles of King Harry Lane was sitting in the passenger seat of a silver Honda Jazz car when it collided wi
THE 91-YEAR-OLD woman from St Albans who was involved in a car crash near Leeds last week and died from her injuries has been named.
Margaret Crystal Coles of King Harry Lane was sitting in the passenger seat of a silver Honda Jazz car when it collided with a Rover 25 just after 11.30am last Saturday in Pool-in-Wharfedale, a village just north of Leeds.
With the driver of the car, an 89-year-old man also from St Albans, she was taken to Leeds General Infirmary (LGI) in a critical condition and died on Wednesday afternoon (8).
The driver of the car is still in hospital and is expected to make a full recovery. The driver and passenger of the Rover, a 54 year-old man and a 49-year-old woman from North Yorkshire, were taken to LGI with injures that weren't life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest into the death was opened and adjourned at the Coroners Office and Court in Leeds on Friday.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 9 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part