St Albans fatality woman is named
THE 91-YEAR-OLD woman from St Albans who was involved in a car crash near Leeds last week and died from her injuries has been named. Margaret Crystal Coles of King Harry Lane was sitting in the passenger seat of a silver Honda Jazz car when it collided wi
THE 91-YEAR-OLD woman from St Albans who was involved in a car crash near Leeds last week and died from her injuries has been named.
Margaret Crystal Coles of King Harry Lane was sitting in the passenger seat of a silver Honda Jazz car when it collided with a Rover 25 just after 11.30am last Saturday in Pool-in-Wharfedale, a village just north of Leeds.
With the driver of the car, an 89-year-old man also from St Albans, she was taken to Leeds General Infirmary (LGI) in a critical condition and died on Wednesday afternoon (8).
The driver of the car is still in hospital and is expected to make a full recovery. The driver and passenger of the Rover, a 54 year-old man and a 49-year-old woman from North Yorkshire, were taken to LGI with injures that weren't life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest into the death was opened and adjourned at the Coroners Office and Court in Leeds on Friday.
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 7 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 10 A New York state of mind