St Albans fatality woman is named
THE 91-YEAR-OLD woman from St Albans who was involved in a car crash near Leeds last week and died from her injuries has been named. Margaret Crystal Coles of King Harry Lane was sitting in the passenger seat of a silver Honda Jazz car when it collided wi
THE 91-YEAR-OLD woman from St Albans who was involved in a car crash near Leeds last week and died from her injuries has been named.
Margaret Crystal Coles of King Harry Lane was sitting in the passenger seat of a silver Honda Jazz car when it collided with a Rover 25 just after 11.30am last Saturday in Pool-in-Wharfedale, a village just north of Leeds.
With the driver of the car, an 89-year-old man also from St Albans, she was taken to Leeds General Infirmary (LGI) in a critical condition and died on Wednesday afternoon (8).
The driver of the car is still in hospital and is expected to make a full recovery. The driver and passenger of the Rover, a 54 year-old man and a 49-year-old woman from North Yorkshire, were taken to LGI with injures that weren't life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest into the death was opened and adjourned at the Coroners Office and Court in Leeds on Friday.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe