St Albans Fashionista author hits top of the book charts
- Credit: Archant
A FORMER fashion agent skyrocketed to the top of the book charts recently with her whistleblowing debut that lifts the lid on the fast-paced style industry.
Angela Clarke, of St Albans, saw it all during her time in the fun, energetic but often dark world of fashion and mingled with supermodels and designers daily.
Now her tell-all book, Confessions of a Fashionista, has been flitting in and out of the top spot in the Amazon fashion book chart and has received praise from fashion royalty including designer Lulu Guinness.
The 33 year old said: “I’ve been really lucky. It is really amazing when you sit there and think ‘oh my god I’m above Trinny and Susannah and Gok Wan and all those people’.”
The author, a former student of Roundwood Park School in Harpenden, began working in fashion around the start of the millennium.
You may also want to watch:
She then left to pursue a career in writing and landed a Daily Mail column dishing gossip on the industry, which in turn secured her a book deal.
“If you want a fast-paced read that’s about a real-life person and a real life-outsider in a totally elite and snobby world, with a big dollop of gossip and hopefully lots of laughs – then read my book!”
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 3 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 4 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 5 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 6 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 7 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 8 Swimming's coming home for Harpenden as club return to refurbished base
- 9 When will the election results be counted in Herts?
Angela will be appearing at Waterstones in the city centre next Thursday, April 25, to give a talk on how to get into fashion and will treat visitors to a reading, Q&A and signing session.
Pick up your copy of the Herts Advertiser next week to read a full interview and feature with Angela about her life in the fashionable fast lane.