St Albans Fashionista author hits top of the book charts
- Credit: Archant
A FORMER fashion agent skyrocketed to the top of the book charts recently with her whistleblowing debut that lifts the lid on the fast-paced style industry.
Angela Clarke, of St Albans, saw it all during her time in the fun, energetic but often dark world of fashion and mingled with supermodels and designers daily.
Now her tell-all book, Confessions of a Fashionista, has been flitting in and out of the top spot in the Amazon fashion book chart and has received praise from fashion royalty including designer Lulu Guinness.
The 33 year old said: “I’ve been really lucky. It is really amazing when you sit there and think ‘oh my god I’m above Trinny and Susannah and Gok Wan and all those people’.”
The author, a former student of Roundwood Park School in Harpenden, began working in fashion around the start of the millennium.
She then left to pursue a career in writing and landed a Daily Mail column dishing gossip on the industry, which in turn secured her a book deal.
“If you want a fast-paced read that’s about a real-life person and a real life-outsider in a totally elite and snobby world, with a big dollop of gossip and hopefully lots of laughs – then read my book!”
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 6 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 7 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
Angela will be appearing at Waterstones in the city centre next Thursday, April 25, to give a talk on how to get into fashion and will treat visitors to a reading, Q&A and signing session.
Pick up your copy of the Herts Advertiser next week to read a full interview and feature with Angela about her life in the fashionable fast lane.