St Albans Fashion Show - awards winners revealed
- Credit: Spike at Blue Feather
Models, retailers and VIPs flocked to a glitzy and glamorous party and awards ceremony at St Michael’s Manor last Sunday to recognise the very best of the district’s fashion and beauty businesses.
Five trophies were up for the taking including Best Independent Retailer, Fashion & Beauty Excellence, Community Favourite, Hair & Beauty and Best Jeweller and Accessories shop.
The Dressing Room, Chistopher Wharton, and Grey’s Hair came out on top at the event, with Chloe James receiving the Community Favourite award.
Co-owner Donna Nichol said they were delighted to win the accolade: “We opened the shop with a desire to bring something new and interesting to St Albans’ High Street.
“People say they love the ‘experience’ of a wander around our shop - whether it’s to get a new outfit, buy a fabulous present, get something new for the house or just be inspired! The fact that we were nominated and voted for by our lovely customers means a lot to us.
You may also want to watch:
“We thoroughly enjoyed being part of the first St Albans Fashion Week and winning this award was the icing on the cake!”
The winners were:
- 1 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 2 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 9 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts
- 10 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
Best Independent Fashion Retailer - Dressing Room
Fashion and Beauty Excellence Award - Dressing Room
Community Favourite Award - Chloe James
Best Hair or Beauty Retailer - Greys
Best Jeweller or Accessories Retailer - Christopher Wharton