St Albans Fashion Show - awards winners revealed
- Credit: Spike at Blue Feather
Models, retailers and VIPs flocked to a glitzy and glamorous party and awards ceremony at St Michael’s Manor last Sunday to recognise the very best of the district’s fashion and beauty businesses.
Five trophies were up for the taking including Best Independent Retailer, Fashion & Beauty Excellence, Community Favourite, Hair & Beauty and Best Jeweller and Accessories shop.
The Dressing Room, Chistopher Wharton, and Grey’s Hair came out on top at the event, with Chloe James receiving the Community Favourite award.
Co-owner Donna Nichol said they were delighted to win the accolade: “We opened the shop with a desire to bring something new and interesting to St Albans’ High Street.
“People say they love the ‘experience’ of a wander around our shop - whether it’s to get a new outfit, buy a fabulous present, get something new for the house or just be inspired! The fact that we were nominated and voted for by our lovely customers means a lot to us.
You may also want to watch:
“We thoroughly enjoyed being part of the first St Albans Fashion Week and winning this award was the icing on the cake!”
The winners were:
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 10 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
Best Independent Fashion Retailer - Dressing Room
Fashion and Beauty Excellence Award - Dressing Room
Community Favourite Award - Chloe James
Best Hair or Beauty Retailer - Greys
Best Jeweller or Accessories Retailer - Christopher Wharton