St Albans fashion blogger scoops £20,000 prize in Deichmann competition
- Credit: Archant
A fashion blogger has bagged herself a top prize of £20,000 in a top blogging competition.
Natasha Ngan, 25, of St Albans, who runs the blog Girl in the Lens with her boyfriend Callum Macbeth, has been awarded the 2015 Deichmann Fashion Blogger Prize.
The £20,000 award has the highest prize value of any current blogger award scheme and is designed to be an equivalent to the big literary awards to recognise bloggers as modern-day authors and story-tellers.
The competition asked bloggers to enter by posting a review of Deichmann’s, Europe’s biggest shoe retailer, collection with another fashion blogger and entries were judged in a three-stage process by a panel of experts.
The judges included last year’s winner, Carrie Harwood of international fashion blog Wish Wish Wish, and the acclaimed fashion photographer David Ross, who first shot Kate Moss.
Natasha, who will also act as a guest blogger for the company, was picked because of her ‘engaging writing, impeccable styling and high calibre photography’.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I’m absolutely delighted to win. Me and my boyfriend Callum started Girl in the Lens to combine my love of fashion and writing with his passion for photography.
“We put so much time and love into the blog running it alongside our other jobs, and it’s just so wonderful for our work to be recognised. We never dreamed we would win.”
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 4 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery