St Albans farming adviser shortlisted for national award
- Credit: Tim Scrivener/www.agriphoto.com
A St Albans agricultural adviser has made it into the top three shortlist for a national farming award.
Health and safety expert David Canty is up for the Farm Adviser of the Year 2018, run by the Farmers Weekly Awards.
After a varied agricultural career, David joined Strutt and Parker in 2004 and now helps 120 clients improve the working practices of their farms.
There are 15 categories of awards, which are judged by an expert panel made up of industry specialists and previous award winners.
If David wins the Farm Adviser title, he is in with a chance of bagging the winner of winners prize - Farmer of the Year.
You may also want to watch:
The judges said: “David has the ability to make himself indispensable to his clients through his broad-ranging knowledge base and attention to detail, and is absolutely focused on achieving their objectives.”
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on October 4 at London’s Grosvenor House.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 4 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 7 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 8 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 9 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 10 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub