St Albans farming adviser shortlisted for national award
- Credit: Tim Scrivener/www.agriphoto.com
A St Albans agricultural adviser has made it into the top three shortlist for a national farming award.
Health and safety expert David Canty is up for the Farm Adviser of the Year 2018, run by the Farmers Weekly Awards.
After a varied agricultural career, David joined Strutt and Parker in 2004 and now helps 120 clients improve the working practices of their farms.
There are 15 categories of awards, which are judged by an expert panel made up of industry specialists and previous award winners.
If David wins the Farm Adviser title, he is in with a chance of bagging the winner of winners prize - Farmer of the Year.
You may also want to watch:
The judges said: “David has the ability to make himself indispensable to his clients through his broad-ranging knowledge base and attention to detail, and is absolutely focused on achieving their objectives.”
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on October 4 at London’s Grosvenor House.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe