St Albans family fun day raises more than £4,600 for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans family fun day raised more than £4,600 for a cancer charity.
Five friends organised The London Road Social Club bash, which offered a bake sale, candy floss, popcorn, balloons, facepainting, a tombola and raffle, nail painting, a photobooth, entertainers, bric-a-brac sales, and a quiz in the evening.
It was all in aid of Breast Cancer Care, the only UK-wide charity supporting people specifically with breast cancer.
One of the organisers Cassie Pollard said: “We had such an amazing day. So much fun was had by kids and adults too. It exceeded all our expectations.”
Three of the organisers are survivors of breast cancer themselves, including Cassie - who was diagnosed about two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
She described the charity as a “wonderful cause” and encouraged anyone with symptoms to get checked out.
- 1 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 4 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 5 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 6 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 7 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 8 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 9 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 10 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted