St Albans family fun day raises more than £4,600 for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans family fun day raised more than £4,600 for a cancer charity.
Five friends organised The London Road Social Club bash, which offered a bake sale, candy floss, popcorn, balloons, facepainting, a tombola and raffle, nail painting, a photobooth, entertainers, bric-a-brac sales, and a quiz in the evening.
It was all in aid of Breast Cancer Care, the only UK-wide charity supporting people specifically with breast cancer.
One of the organisers Cassie Pollard said: “We had such an amazing day. So much fun was had by kids and adults too. It exceeded all our expectations.”
Three of the organisers are survivors of breast cancer themselves, including Cassie - who was diagnosed about two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
She described the charity as a “wonderful cause” and encouraged anyone with symptoms to get checked out.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions