St Albans family fun day raises more than £4,600 for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans family fun day raised more than £4,600 for a cancer charity.
Five friends organised The London Road Social Club bash, which offered a bake sale, candy floss, popcorn, balloons, facepainting, a tombola and raffle, nail painting, a photobooth, entertainers, bric-a-brac sales, and a quiz in the evening.
It was all in aid of Breast Cancer Care, the only UK-wide charity supporting people specifically with breast cancer.
One of the organisers Cassie Pollard said: “We had such an amazing day. So much fun was had by kids and adults too. It exceeded all our expectations.”
Three of the organisers are survivors of breast cancer themselves, including Cassie - who was diagnosed about two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
She described the charity as a “wonderful cause” and encouraged anyone with symptoms to get checked out.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 3 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 A New York state of mind
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery