St Albans: Family continue search for missing Alan Spray
AROUND 50 people joined in with a search at the weekend for missing pensioner Alan Spray, who has not been seen for more than two weeks.
Family, friends and members of the public, joined forces to search for 73-year-old Alan, who suffers with Alzheimer’s.
The search saw the group cover areas of St Albans, Harpenden, Hatfield, Hemel Hempstead and Luton, amongst others, but he is still missing.
Alan’s daughter in-law, Gemma White, said: “The search went well, with around 45 to 50 people turning up and others joining throughout the day. We covered a lot of ground and also managed to cover areas further afield that hadn’t yet been searched.”
Alan is described as white, approximately 5ft 9ins tall, is balding on top with grey hair to the side and wears light reactive glasses. He was described as wearing a brown and blue checked, short sleeve shirt and brown/grey trousers. He may be carrying a book.
You may also want to watch:
He was last seen walking past the Total Garage, on Verulam Road, at 8.10pm on July 30.
“Unfortunately he wasn’t found during the search yesterday, but we remain confident and hopeful that he will be found soon,” continued Gemma. “We will continue to search and raise awareness of his disappearance until he is found.”
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Anyone with information on Alan’s whereabouts should contact police immediately via the non-emergency number 101.