St Albans family charity celebrates 10th birthday
FACE painters and circus skills entertainers were on hand to help a local family support a charity celebrate its 10th anniversary recently.
Home-Start St Albans City and District marked its first decade with a children’s party at Butterfly World in Chiswell Green for families and volunteers in the afternoon followed by an evening reception for supporters and fundraisers.
Among the guests were outgoing Mayor of St Albans, Cllr Maxine Crawley, and Cllr Geoff Harrison, who is currently Deputy Mayor.
Home-Start is a registered charity that trains local volunteers to provide support and friendship to families with young children by visiting families in their own homes.
Over the last decade in the St Albans district, over 300 volunteers have supported more than 500 local families in their homes.
You may also want to watch:
More information on Home-Start can be found at www.homestartstalbans.org.uk
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to